5.12.2006

TV On The Radio - Return To Cookie Mountain
A few years back when I still attended MCAD I spent many hours zoning out, writing term papers (yea, writing papers at a fucking art school.) One of the things that helped me focus and actually finish some of these papers was TVOTR's debut full length, "Desperate Youth and Blood Thirsty Babes." So I guess in a round-a-bout way, you could say I owe a few B minuses to TV On The Radio. Thank god I no longer go to MCAD, not that the "art" school I go to now is much better. While we are talking (or not talking) about art school, a few of these dudes are visual artists themselves. Vocalist Tunde Adebimpe actually directed the video for Yeah Yeah Yeah's track, Pin, before starting up the band. Anyway, these are new tracks from an upcoming album which last I checked was titled "Return To Cookie Mountain." I'm not even sure when the album comes out, and I do feel a little awkward posting tracks from an album that is not yet released, but I just couldn't keep them to myself. The entire album is dead on. I would actually take the chance of saying that this is the best album I have heard so far this year, but no one likes people who make statements like that. If you can't get into this you are dead. Then you have bigger problems.

+ I Was A Lover
+ Dirty Whirlwind


+Jesse