3.31.2006

AMBULANCE LTD. - New English EP
We got ourselves a new couch and our place is now hella swank. How rock and roll is that. Ambulance is probably one of the most versatile bands around right now. They do all sorts of shit, blues, rock, folk, shoegaze, whatever. I remember back when their LP was released a few years ago they were toted as one of those "saviors of rock and roll" bands, which is lame 'cause "rock and roll is doing just fine." I don't know where I'm going with that, they are nothing's "savior", but they do make some damn fine noises. The following two tracks here are technically both from this recently released EP, but anyone who knows anything knows that both were unoffically available online from quite some time. "Sugar Pill" is a demo version (i've always been a fan of raw demos) and "Country Gentleman" is an unreleased track from the LP sessions I assume. "Country Gentleman" is nearly one of my favorite Ambulance tracks. I don't know what that means. Mikejohn bowled a 234 in 4.7 minutes last night while holding a beer the entire time.

+ Country Gentleman
+ Sugar Pill (demo)


+ Jesse

No comments: